Thursday, September 29, 2011

WD Green 2TB

I'm backing up my T420's extra drive I have in the Optical bay and I got a Western Digital Green 2TB so I could do both the SSD and the 1TB I have. Reviews say it's slower than most drives because of it's "green" status. My 1TB drive has 70GB of free space and it took 2 hours to back up to the WD Green 2TB. It had sustained transfer rates of 1.2gb/s. That is roughly 150MB/s! That is damn good!! I have no idea if the drive is being bottle-necked by my laptop terabyte drive or not. Maybe I'll do a test to see what the max speed I can get from it.

WD Green 2TB Specs:
2TB (1.89TB when formatted)
5400RPM
64MB of cache.
my watt meter shows 6 watts when reading and writing versus 8-10 watts for a normal hard drive. Drive feels only slighty warm to the touch. Other drives get hot in my dock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment